What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain used to recreate the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. It is often the material of choice for those looking to make slight position alterations or to change tooth shape, size or color from staining.
Why Should I Consider Porcelain Veneers?
- Strength: Porcelain veneers are made from a strong, durable material; you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods without worry. You can treat your new porcelain veneers as you would your original teeth.
- Durability : Veneers can last as long as ten to fifteen years, combined with your regular oral hygiene habits.
- Look Natural: Porcelain veneers are made individually for each patient, to match your natural tooth color.
- Customization: Impressions of your teeth will be taken of your teeth which means the veneers are custom made and crafted to fit your tooth.
- Relatively Quick Procedure: Typically placement of the porcelain veneers can usually be complete within in two visits.
- Resistant To Staining: Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining, unlike natural teeth. You can maintain brilliant pearly whites, while still enjoying coffee, tea, and other products that normally cause staining of the teeth. But not tobacco products!
- Cosmetic Perfection: Porcelain veneers improve teeth that are cracked, chipped, broken, badly discolored, widely spaced, or slightly misaligned. Veneers are solely used for cosmetic purposes and placed on the front, visible teeth. Other options are available for your teeth in the back and side of your mouth.
- Little To No Recovery Time: Once the placement procedure is complete, patients can leave our office and immediately get back to enjoying your normal routine, only this time, we a smile you can be proud of.
- Flexibility: Porcelain veneers are combined with other treatments such as our professional tooth whitening treatment as a finishing touch to your new, gorgeous smile.
- Confidence Booster: An improved smile with porcelain veneers can help you feel more confident about your appearance, giving you the confidence you need at work, and social interactions such as dating.
Do Porcelain Veneers Require Special Care?
No special care is required to maintain your porcelain veneers other than continuing excellent oral hygiene habits, and regular visits with Dr. Joseph Cavallo.
Schedule A Consultation
To request a personal consultation with Dr. Joseph Cavallo contact our Woodbridge, VA dentist office, and learn more about how porcelain veneers can transform your smile into a smile that you have always wanted! Schedule a consultation.