Dr. Joseph P. Cavallo, DDS, MAGD is a general dentist that serves patients in the Alexandria Virginia area. Our dental practice focuses on providing general dentistry services to patients of all ages. We offer dental exams and teeth cleanings in Alexandria VA. Regular dental checkups are ideal to ensure proper oral hygiene and also disease prevention. It is recommended to visit your dentist in Woodbridge at least twice a year to maintain your dental health. In addition to preventive dental services, Dr. Cavallo offers cosmetic dentistry treatments, and restorative dental procedures.
Developing long-term patient-dentist relationships is one of the most important aspects of our practice. We treat our patients like members of our own family. That starts with educating our patients on the importance of general dental care. When you visit our Woodbridge VA dentist office, you'll have one-on-one time with Dr. Cavallo to discuss your dental concerns as well as your smile goals. He will perform a comprehensive examination to look for underlying problems and take time to explain the various treatment options that are available to you. At each visit, you’ll receive a dental cleaning, x-rays as needed, and screening for gum disease, tooth decay and oral cancer.
Commit To Good Oral Hygiene
Dr. Cavallo emphasizes how regular preventive dental care plays a role in overall long term good health.
There are 8 key components to good dental health. Incorporating these into your everyday lifestyle can go a long way towards keeping you strong and healthy:
- Understand your own oral health and oral health needs: This can be accomplished with regular dental visits. Dr. Cavallo can make recommendations for good oral hygiene that are personalized to your smile and needs. He takes into account external factors that may be influencing your dental health.
- Commit to a daily oral hygiene routine: Brushing, flossing and using dental care products that will keep your smile healthy between visits is key to long term oral health. Dr. Cavallo may recommend appropriate hygiene products for patients who have gum disease.
- Use fluoride products: This applies to both children AND adults! Fluoride helps keep tooth enamel strong and healthy.
- Brush and floss: Practicing these daily helps reduce the development of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet with limited sugar: Added sugars have caused an increase in both oral and overall health issues for today’a dental patients. Limiting sugar is important for overall good health and will also reduce tooth decay.
- Stop the use of tobacco: Smoking contributes to halitosis, damaged and stained teeth, as well as gum disease. If possible, quit smoking. Your teeth will thank you.
- Perform oral exams at home: looking for issues and informing Dr. Cavallo of changes in your teeth and gums on a regular basis can mean preventing dental problems from developing.
Advanced Dental Cleaning Technology
General Dentistry focuses on disease prevention and the maintenance of your natural smile. Dr. Cavallo, an Alexandria, VA area dentist, is equipped with the most advanced dental technologies for more effective and less invasive treatments to help patients enjoy their optimal oral health.
Dr. Cavallo uses a variety of comfortable and highly effective tools to assist in your professional dental cleaning, including the Cavitron® ultrasonic scaler. This advanced technology uses high frequency sound waves (instead of metal scrapers and hand scalers) to clean teeth.
The Cavitron method is not only gentle and pain free, but has been proven effective in removing tartar from both above and below the gum line. We use these ultrasonic scalers for regular cleanings as well as for more advanced periodontal treatments.
Schedule a Consultation
Looking for a dentist in the Woodbridge, Alexandria, Springfield VA, Chantilly VA, Lorton VA and Manassas VA area? Dr. Cavallo is currently accepting new patients! Contact our office or schedule an appointment online. We look forward to meeting your oral health needs.