Restorative dentistry in our Woodbridge VA office focuses on restoring oral health and function to teeth that are broken, worn down or missing. You will have the opportunity to discuss your concerns and goals with Dr. Cavallo and be a part of the treatment planning process.
Dr. Cavallo is dedicated to continuing education and focused his post-graduate training on treating adult patients with complex problems like missing teeth, TMJ disorders and periodontal disease. Dr. Cavallo also incorporates cosmetic dentistry into customized treatment plans to ensure that patients achieve a beautiful, natural looking smile.
RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY: WHAT TO EXPECT
Dr. Cavallo believes that the best dentistry is a collaborative process between the dentist and patient. A comprehensive examination and thorough dental cleaning will help us to identify any hidden problems such as tooth decay, gum disease or occlusal (bite) disorders.
A dental exam with Dr. Cavallo typically includes:
- Digital dental x-rays
- Other diagnostic dental imaging
- Screening for gum disease, tooth decay and oral cancer
- Occlusal analysis and examination of temporomandibular joints (TMJ)
RESTORATIVE DENTAL SERVICES:
- Dental implants: The gold standard in tooth replacement. Tooth implants can replace a single missing tooth, or a full row of teeth with a denture.
- Dental crowns: A restoration to fully cover a single tooth after tooth decay has been removed from a large cavity.
- Dentures: We can replace old dentures, or create new dentures if you are missing a full row of missing teeth.
- Dental Bridges: A more economical approach to replace missing teeth. This removable prosthetic can replace a single tooth or teeth that used to be next to each other.
- TMJ Treatment: Address your Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome, alleviate symptoms like jaw pain, clenching, and tooth grinding.
Dr. Cavallo emphasizes the importance of routine preventive care in keeping the smile healthy and reducing the risks if decay and gum disease, but also provides restorative dental treatment when needed. Teeth can become damaged or lost for a variety of reasons, even when a patient is diligent with their oral hygiene routine.
Repairing or replacing a damaged or missing tooth is necessary for a functional and comfortable smile, and to prevent the development of more complex dental problems down the road.
TREATING DAMAGED TEETH
Dr. Snyder will thoroughly examine a patient before recommending a plan of treatment for a tooth that has become damaged or diseased. Treatment options can include:
- dental crowns
- tooth bonding
- root canal therapy
Teeth that are chipped, cracked or broken can become further damaged or lost without treatment and may make it difficult to eat and speak normally. Dr. Snyder can discuss the best option(s) for restoring your smile and ensuring lasting dental health.
REPLACING MISSING TEETH
For those who have lost a tooth, or multiple teeth, Dr. Cavallo stresses the benefits of prompt replacement to avoid additional dental problems.
Whenever possible, we recommend the use of dental implants to replace teeth or secure a denture. Dental implants provide a permanent, life-like solution that will reduce bone loss in your jaw. This enables you to eat and speak normally, without the daily maintenance that comes with dentures.
Dr. Cavallo understands the cost concerns that many patients have when it comes to their dental care. We will work with you to restore your smile within your budget. In many cases, treatment can be phased to achieve results that will provide a lifetime of comfortable smiles.